Friday 31 July 2009

Technologically (and physically) challenged...


Sorry to anyone following us for the intermittent and haphazard nature of the blog posts... Phone reception has been pretty non-existent up until now and my iPhone has no data connection. I have had to laboriously rewrite all post onto Semjon's blackberry. That's unfortunately also the reason why there are no pictures attached to the posts. It such a shame as the changing landscape and vistas are magnificent and would truly bring the words to life. I will definitely add pictures later when technology allows (as you can see, now that I am below the clouds pictures have been added).

I have also been suffering from pretty bad altitude sickness over the past 48 hours so haven't felt much like doing anything, let alone concentrating on writing an entertaining blog post... consequently, posts are about two days behind. Paul has also been suffering, but Semjon, consistently feels "great!"... If he says it one more time I will strangle him while Paul holds him down...

The good news is that today we all awoke feeling really good and we are assured that phone reception will also be pretty good from now on. Therefore, I aim to catch up on blog posts today. It's been a pretty tough but equally amazing past couple of days, but I will post more about that later...

We are just about to set out from camp to climb the Barranco Wall (yes- it looks pretty vertical in places!!!). I am standing here looking up the North face of Kilimanjaro. Its glaciers literally sparkle in the early morning sunshine. The summit is approximately 2000 metres above us. We summit in 48 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment